Friday, May 1, 2009

Erick the Scammer

This was my first 419 scam and as you will see, I did not handle it as well as I should.  I have found that you have to let them bite and then you start giving them more personal information.  Well, it was still fun.  I only wish that it could have lasted longer.  I was going to have one of my characters really start trouble.

This was when I also decided to create a new e-mail account that does not give away any personal information.  I mean, they don't.  Why should I?

The background:
Scammer:  Erick Westwood from the UK 
Fake Barrister:  James Peters
Me:  Mr. Hugh G. Reckshun

Here is my story...
----------------------------------------------------

From: Erick Westwood
Date: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:05 AM
Subject: Treat as Confidential

Dear Sir/Madam ,
My name is Mr.Erick Westwood, I am the Auditing and Accounting Manager of HALIFAX BANK PLC UK. I write you this proposal in good faith, believing that Ican trust you with the information I am about  to reveal to you. I use to head the Accounts department in my banks head office, but last December I was asked to resume position as the branch
Manager in Great Winchester St, London, PO Box 548 Leeds LS1 1WU, so that was how I became the present Manager and discovered a fortune.  As I resumed duty, I discovered an account with total sum of £10,538,000:00 (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS) that has not been operated on for the past 8 years now. From my investigation today, I have found out that this account belongs to one Late Mr Morris Thompson, an American great industrialist and a resident of Alaska, who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000, including his wife and only daughter.You shall read more news about the crash on visiting this site which I got during my investigation; http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list
This account is in dormant account in my bank here and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it, I have kept a close monitoring of the account, and since then nobody has come forward to ask about the money as next of kin to the late Morris Thompson, meaning that no one is aware of the account.  I cannot directly take out this money without the help of a foreigner and that is why I am contacting you for an assistance to claim the funds and share it with me.
As the Manager of my banks  branch, I have the power to influence the release of the funds to any foreigner that comes up as the next of kin to the account,with the correct information concerning the account, which I shall give you immediately i received your contact information, such as:
1) Your Name:......................................
2) Your Address:.................................
3) Your Phone Number:......................
4) Your Occupation and Age:..............
I am seeking your co-operation to present you as the next of kin to the account, so that my bank head quarters will release the funds to us. There is practically no risk involved, the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.
Please contact me immediately with your private telephone number so we can go over the details and Please do not expose this deal if you are not interested,because if you do, it will take me out of seat.
Tel: +442070602892
Fax: +442070602891
Email: e_westwooduk@live.com
And for your interest to do this business with me, kindly reply ASAP.
Regards,
Mr. Erick Westwood.

_Me_________________________________

Mr. Westwood,
 
My name is Hugh and I just received your message.  Unfortunately, I am not related to Mr. Thompson, but I wish I were.  I can't tell you how much I would LOVE to be able to get some of those pounds!
 
Thanks anyway,
 
Hugh

______________________________________
from erick westwood
to "Hugh G. Reckshun"
date Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:08 PM
subject Re: Treat as Confidential
mailed-by sify.com
hide details Apr 15 (8 days ago)
Reply

Dear Hugh G. Reckshun,

Thanks for your response and interest in the offer of my late customer; however, the procedure for this offer is very simple. I have gathered all the facts required for the transaction and as a professional in the field, I know all the requirements and processes but one thing is for sure "SUCCESS" is guaranteed so long as you follow my suggestion and guidelines.  After the successful transfer of these assets (Valued at 10,538,000.00 Pounds) to your account, you will be paid a professional fee of 40% of the total asset value received while I invest the other 60% in a good business under your care. I believe you are someone who is honest, trusted and committed not someone that is unreliable.

Because I have all required information and documents, once you start by writing the bank, it will take less than 10 working days to provide them with all the proof they need and have the claim approved so long as you follow my advise at all times and pass on to me all correspondence which they will give you as the beneficiary.

I will go ahead here to describe myself little to you and after this; I would give you an outline of the process and roles you and I will play. I am 46yrs of age and married with 2 children. I will in the future send you a copy of my id if you so desire, for your records. I do this so that you know that I am serious and have ties to this project and also you know whom you are dealing with. As you know, we have never met or done any transaction prior to this time and it’s not so easy starting with a transaction of such a high amount.

To our roles or commitment, it is important that you understand the fact that my relationship with you may remain open to all parties especially the bank or its accredited agents.  Once you send off the application of claim to them, you should be on standby to receive letters from them requesting data, details and proof. As soon as you
get any of this, you just pass it over to me by fax or email so that I can advise you on appropriate responses or give you crucial data/documents required by them to back up this claim. Once they are satisfied with our submissions on this claim, the assets would be approved and paid out to you through your nominated bank account or even by certified bank cheque. I need to be sure that once we are approved of the estate, you will not abscond with my share.

Most of the expenses I will bear here because there are things that need someone here to do, it will cost me to get most documents and proof we need to pass them on to you for presentation at the Bank when they require them. On your part, your role would include probably the payment of certain nominal handling charges, please be informed that
these charges comes much later in the transaction only after we have been able to provide all required proof to convince the bank and the claim is approved on your behalf.

I am happy I have explained our various roles before we start so that it will be easier for you to make a clear judgment about this. I prefer to have all facts on board before I start a task so that I can be able to make a clear judgment. I would not mind if my straight forwardness so to say discourages you from dealing with me, but I
would rather prefer being honest with whomever I consider a potential partner.

Considering your positive responses and my anticipation of a strong and solid cooperation from your side with this project, I will prepare the necessary documents and make submissions to that effect with your name as the beneficiary. This is to ensure that this is carried out in the most legal and legitimate manner to avoid any breach of the law.

In the wait for your consent to enable us start the procedures.

Warm Regards
Mr. Erick Westwood

_____________________________________
Mr. Westwood,

All I can say is Wowzer-Yippee-Pants!!!  I just got this computer a couple of weeks ago and now I get a message from you.  What are the odds of this happening?  Since you work at a bank, I bet you could figure it out since you are probably very goodly with numbers.  Please figure that out so I can tell my grandkids.  Thanks.

You make it sound SO easy.  Before I say "yes", I want to make sure I understand everything.  You said that I am going to get 40% of the 10 BILLION Pounds?!?  I don't know what that means in U.S. money, but I bet it will help me pay for my trailer!  Are you sure that I'll get the money?  I don't want to get my hopes up and then find out that its a scam or something.  If that happened, my dogs wouldn't look me in the eye ever again.

You are 46 years old and married?  I'm 24 years old, but I'm very tall for my age.  How long have you been married?  I've only been married for a little over 2 years.  My wife, Iona, is a wonderful woman, but she is missing her right thumb.  It was kind-of weird when we were dating because she could only open doors with her left hand.  If she tried to grab a door knob with her right hand, it would just slide right off.  Sad really.  But, don't feel sorry for her!  She can do some CRAZY stuff with the rest of her fingers.  I'll tell you about that when we become closer friends.  I'm so glad you are going to be my friend.  I don't have very many friends.  That is why I like my computer so much.  I am meeting new friends all the time.  I'm very popular now.  Of course you knew that since you contacted me out of all of the people on the internets.

Anyway, let me know that I'm definitely going to get the pounds (and don't forget to figure out the odds of picking me out of all of the other people).  Oh, will you convert the pounds into U.S. money for me?  I hope so.  I can't tell you how happy I am that we are now going to be friends who are RICH!!!  I will definitely buy you dinner at Red Lobster when you come to the U.S. to convert the money for me.

Say hi to the Queen,

Hugh

_____________________________________
_____________________________________

Author Note:
It was at this point that I was contacted by Mr. Westwoods legal councelor Mr. James Peters. He included an attached document which contained a scanned signature for someone named Antonio.  

 Anyway, here is what he has to say...
_____________________________________
_____________________________________

from James Peters
to hughgreckshun03@gmail.com
date Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 5:04 AM
subject AGREEMENT LETTER BETWEEN Mr. Erick Westwood AND Mr.Hugh G. Reckshun
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details Apr 18 (5 days ago) 
Reply

Dear Hugh G. Reckshun,

I am Barrister James Peters, legal representative to Mr. Erick Westwood. My client Mr. Westwood informed me of a transaction between the both of you, and asked that i prepare an agreement letter in respect to that, which you will have to sign and return back to me. this agreement binds this transaction until the completion.
Attached in this mail is an agreement letter, print, sign, scan and return back to me for reference /record purpose.

Sincerely
Barrister James Peters.

______________________________________
Your Honorable Barrister Peters,

My name is Hugh G. Reckshun.  I am the new friend of Erick Westwood.  He has told me how rich we are going to be after he sends some pounds to me.  I told my wife Iona and she is so happy she's about to pop her other thumb (you can ask Erick about that).

I received your message about a letter, but I cannot see the letter.  I want to see the letter, but the letter won't do anything.  Can you send me another letter?  Thanks.  Oh, you said that you want me to scan the letter.  Can you tell me how to scan it?  Do you mean you want me to read it real fast?  I just don't want to mess anything up.

I told Erick that I will take him to dinner at the Red Lobster when he comes here to change the pounds to US money.  Since you are going to be my friend too I'll take you too.  Just don't invite a bunch of friends because it will get pretty expensive.  Ha ha, can you believe that!  I'm going to be RICH and I'm worried about the cost of dinner?  What a goof!

Anyway, send me another letter and I'll read it real fast (you know...scan).

Cheerios,

Hugh

_______________________________________

Sir,
 
I received your mail,and will attach the agrrement document again.
What i mean by scanning is ,you will have to print out the document,have it signed by you,scan the document and return it back to me as an attachment in your next correspondence.Hope my explanation is clear enough.
 
James Peters.

_______________________________________

Mr. Peter,

Wow, you got back to me really fast!!!  I can't believe how professional everyone is!  Eric was right, this is going to be SUPER-EASY!  Anyway, thanks for sending me the letter.  I'm really excited about the pounds and everything.  I'm also looking forward to going to the Red Lobster with you and Eric.

I just have one problem.  I found the little paper clip that opened up the letter.  I completely freaked out!  One minute I'm reading your notes and then all of a sudden another program I never knew I had opened up this legal document!  I thought there was some lawyer inside my computer.  Lawyers really freak me out (ever since I did time) and I almost passed out.

Well, after I started breathing good again, I printed it on my color printer.  It's funny, I almost didn't buy a printer.  When I was buying my new computer, the guy at Computer Universe said that I would need a printer.  Wow was he right!  My first RICH friends send me stuff that has to be printed and stuff.  Who knew!?!  Well, I filled out the form like you said and checked all of my spelling.  Then, I scanned the document by reading it real fast like you said.  Everything is spelled perfectly by-the-way.

But, now I don't know how to attach it to my e-mail.  If I print out the e-mail I can use a stapler or paper clips.  Heck, I can even glue them together, but I can't get them back into my computer.  I guess I could fold it real small and push the paper into one of the slots on my computer.  Is that what you want me to do?

Please let me know because I want those pounds real bad!  Iona is really excited too.  We were sitting at our table eating Hungry Man Fried Chicken TV dinners tonight.  You know, the ones with the crusty mashed potatoes.  Those are my favorites (I even dip my mashed potatoes into the grease from the chicken).  Sometimes, I'll eat 3 or 4 of those bad-boys.  Of course, my tummy doesn't feel too good, but I can't stop eating them.

Anyway, Iona and I are already talking about all of the things we want to do with the pounds.  What do you call US money?  We call them DOLLARS.  So, we have our eye on some new wood paneling for our mobile home.  We're even thinking of getting the paneling that looks like bricks.  Oh, it's a little more expensive, but our picture of Elvis will look really nice on it.  Do you listen to Elvis?  Let me know.  If you don't I can get you a CD.  He's the nuts!  Don't tell anyone, but I look a little like Elvis. 

Iona is thinking of getting a prophetic thumb (I'm pretty sure that's what the doctor called it).  He said that it will look like her other, real thumb.  It won't bend or anything, but it will have an artificial fingernail that she can paint like her other fingers.  Plus, she'll be able to count to 10.  She's pretty excited.

Anyway, let me know what I'm supposed to do because we are ready to pull the trigger and get this party started.  I even talked to my friend Reggie.  He works at the bank and he wants to help out too.

Pip Pip,

Hugh

___________________________________
___________________________________

Author Note:  At this point my Nigerian banker friend stopped communicating.  I think Reggie may have scared him a little.  Since I didn't hear from him for 3 days, I decided to grease the wheels.  Here is what transpired.
___________________________________
___________________________________

Erick,

I was communicating with your barrister Peter but he won't return any e-mail to me.

I had everything ready to go, but since he won't help, I'm afraid that I am going to help someone else!  I received an e-mail from another person who works for a bank in West Africa.  I believe he is more serious about working with me and will work with him instead.

I'm sorry that we couldn't work together, but without a lawyer, I do NOT want to continue.  

My wife and I were very excited about working with you.

I'm sorry, but Peter blew it!

Hugh

___________________________________

Dear Hugh,
It has been my pleasure knowing you.Like i stated in my past mail,that i will not like a situation whereby when this posses begins you will then back out.If that is what you feel is best for you,go on and loose it. I offered you an opportunity and all you did was to blow it up,putting the blame on my attorney.For your information,i am aware of
your refusal on signing the agreement.You ant to abscond with all the money right? I thought i could trust you.Anyway,have a nice time.

Erick

___________________________________

Eric,

I have told you several times how excited Iona and I are about getting pounded by you!  I also told you how we are ready to go.  I consider you to be my richest, newest, bestest friend on the internets.  But, I don't like Peter!  He wouldn't return my e-mails and I think he's trying to get the pounds for himself.

I'm pretty sure I have told both of you that I have my new computer.  I bought it with my own money and everything.  I even have a printer.  I've never had a computer before.  Mine is really shiny and even has a place for me to plug in headphones so I can listen to music.  Did I mention that it has speakers too?  Just so you know, I will tell you everything I have so you know I'm serious about my computer!  I have a computer (you knew that), monitor (it's like a TV), keyboard, mouse (that makes me laugh), speakers, and a printer.  My printer is color and everything.  I print out pictures from the internets I like.

I received a letter from Peter.  I HAVE FILLED IT OUT AND SIGNED IT!!!!  Peter keeps telling me to SCAN this letter, but he won't tell me HOW!!!!  I keep reading the letter over and over faster and faster and have even told him that I can fold it real small and put it INSIDE my computer.  Well, THAT isn't good enough for Peter!  Are you sure he's trustworthy?  Does he really know how to use a computer?  I'm not so sure.

Maybe you can tell me how you want me to SCAN this letter?  Don't tell Peter though.  I think he's a crook!  I even told my friend Reggie about him and he thinks he's a poopy-head too.  

Reggie polishes the windows at my bank.  He's taking night classes to become the official "Change Sorting Administrator".  His job will be to separate all of the pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters into separate piles.  He will even have to sort out any canadian money.  That's pretty hard too because the money looks pretty similar.  He said that he will even get to write nasty letters to Canada telling them to keep their money on their side of the border.  He's not sure what he'll have to do with the piles but it's definitely going to be cool.

He can't wait.

PLEASE let me know how to scan the letter!!  Iona really wants to get her prophetic thumb!!!!!

Your newest, soon-to-be-rich-with-you friend,

Hugh

____________________________________

Like I said, this was a dissappointment.  I truly wanted it to go on for a little longer.  I can see now that my biggest mistake was not sending the form back "scanned".  But, I still ate up some of his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment